Linggo, Marso 18, 2012

Alfred: the Truth Behind the Name

Situation:
Random person: Who made the light bulb again?
Me: Alfred.
RP: Sino yun? (who's that?)
Me: *shrugs shoulders*

My friends have always been so curious (and puzzled) about Alfred. And every time i mention his name, my coworkers give me this flat-faced-monster look then, hit me with a bag, jotter pad, pen, or anything they get a hold of. And i'm starting to think that I've been using his name too much that it's irritating me already. So what's the truth behind Alfred? Who is Alfred?

A lot of my co-workers think that the Alfred I'm talking about is the fictional anime character from Ghost Fighter which features 4 amazing guys (including Alfred) who have amazing super powers and uses 'em to fight off spirits from the other side of the world. I grew up watching this! i actually memorized the opening song, in Japanese--- though i never really understood the lyrics. 
*i'm actually singing in my thoughts now.

dennis, vincent, eugene and alfred of GHOST FIGHTER.

this is alfred.

Anyway, Alfred (not my favorite from the bunch) has this spiritual sword. Hmm. So why am i telling you this? Is he the Alfred I'm talking about?

Definitely...not.

...
Back in college, my weirdest room mate, Paola, and I always have this...uh, weirdness. We pretend that have a house helper named Elsa and then, ask her to do chores for us (which is probably the reason why our pad always looked like crap back then). Of course, Elsa never got any job done...simply because she doesn't exist at all. So why this fictional character? Who is Elsa? Where did we ever get this concept? Do you like the color 'red'?

Okay. So the last question didn't have anything to do with Elsa. But the truth is, we're just weird like that. AND it's probably because we miss home where everything's just given and done for us. Oh, the perks of being home.
*like this morning, i woke up and breakfast is all set. I missed real food. been eating cereals since tuesday. I know, i know. I'm too lazy to prepare breakfast. it's like a sin or something.
College is like this world with solicited and unsolicited independence- sometimes you feel lucky for it, sometimes it just sucks. We actually went on as if we're serious that some of our friends believed that a certain Elsa really existed as our helper... until a friend told us that their helper is named Elsa. So we stopped.
Would you believe that? A real Elsa exists? When we found out, you could only imagine our faces... and the laughter we couldn't contain... which went on for days. This isn't exaggeration AT ALL.
...
So what has this story got to do with Alfred? Is he real? Where'd i ever get this concept? Do you really like the color red?

ARE YOU READY FOR THE TRUTH? Do you know where this is going?

So here's the bomb.
Honestly, i haven't met Alfred at all. I mean, i don't even know any existing Alfred in my circle of friends.

So why do i keep mentioning (and using) his name?
It's actually part of the weirdness and random-nity (if such a word exists) of mine. There's either a need to say something I'm totally clueless of or i just enjoy being a bully. AND this isn't the first time. Before, i used to mention 'Bembol Rocco' like crazy as my 'Alfred' until another weird friend of mine made me realize that i have to use a name without a face- literally. So now, it's just Alfred. And probably, the fact that i haven't met any person named Alfred makes it easier for me to use it over and over- there's no face to blame, after all- which makes it perfect.
But i'm actually starting to annoy myself that i think i'm over using his name already. I know, i know it's weird and i gotta stop. I've already figured out how to stop myself. Since i haven't met any existing Alfred, i'm just going to buy me one, one of these days. (But if someone would give me....i'd be more than willing to take it :D) I'm planning to buy myself a puppy and just name him Alfred just to stop this weirdness! Oh I'm gonna miss this.

LESSON?
I don't really know. Fact is, the reason i like being weird is that i get the chance to be different. People think it's easy to just blend in and follow the society's rules. I've tried it, believe me and it was one of the hardest things i've ever done. It's like doing something weirder than weird- this time against my will. So i think it's easier to just be different and feel good about it. HAHA is my argument even valid? whatever. i just needed an excuse for my 'Alfred' usage. I think i pulled it off...or did i?

okay. whos' weird?

-end-


*anyway, i looove red. but it's not my favorite color.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento